We run this through a funded partnership with the Extended Public Works Programme of the Western Cape Department of Community Safety. The facilitators are young people from the Touwsranten community who receive a stipend from the Department and work with Seven Passes for a year. During this time we offer them the opportunity to gain skills and experience, and we guide and support them to establish a career path. They work as teacher assistants in the mornings at the Touwsranten and Lancewood Primary Schools. In the afternoons they facilitate after school care. They also take lead roles in our holiday programmes.
Working in this way the organisation gains the valuable involvement of young members of the community while contributing to their ability to study further and/or find long term employment.
This programme has three inter-related activities.
To build capacity and offer work experience and training to enable young people to realise opportunities for work and tertiary education.
- Training in:
- Computers (accredited training and support);
- Environmental conservation;
- Goal setting;
- Life skills (including time management, positive discipline, conflict management and work place ethics);
- Leadership skills; and
- Health, safety and first aid
- Work based experience through support to Programme 1 as facilitators.
- Support to furthering studies or finding employment.
Recent News Articles
Recent Related Articles
- About Us
- What We Do
- News & Media
- Related Articles